So I got voille to make the blouse instead. Which cost more. And also wasn't white- it's a creamy off-white sort of colour. And it's more see-through than lawn. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Anyhow, that's what I've got to work with, so that's what I'm working with. It's going to be an interesting challenge figuring out a) how exactly the pattern pieces are meant to fit together and b) how to smock!
Seriously, I have no idea about smocking, so this is going to be a very odd experiment for me. I really hope it works out! It's only $8 for another 2m of voille though, so if I screw it up it's not the end of the world. At least, not entirely.
The only helpful website I've found so far:
I'll keep on looking for instructions in the hopes that I can figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do. Wish me luck!